It has been a long time since I last made a post like this, so I thought that now must be a good time for making one. I really enjoy writing these. It is good way of capturing some of the thoughts, with flies around in my head. Even though a lot of them are not-so-important. It is just nice to have them somewhere. Written down. Preserved.
1. Let’s start out with some pictures. The other day I went for a lovely long walk with my little dog. I really want to be better at photographing things on my way. Everyday stuff. These pictures might also give you an idea of where I live. Don’t worry – I do not live far out in the country site, though it might look as if I do in these pictures. Denmark is so tiny that you can live in places like this and still live 20 minutes (by car) from the centre of the capital.
2. I am seriously obsessed with knitted sweaters. I always have been but it seems like the obsession has grown over the last month. I found the most wonderful sweater on Pinterest the other day. You know, one of those I really wish I had in my wardrobe. You have no idea how happy I was when I found out the picture linked to a web shop. My happiness was quickly destroyed though – turns out the price is 130€ (180$). Why does such things always happen to me?! ;) Anyways – my mom says she thinks she can make one. Yay!
3. My food obsession at the moment is Brazil nuts. I love the taste of them and the fact that they almost melt on your tongue. Yummy! Check out my recipe on healthy truffles with Brazil nuts.
4. I’ve been cooking quite a lot of yummy vegetarian dishes lately. I can’t wait to share the lovely chili I made today. But I’ll wait till the 16th of January – National Hot & Spicy Food Day. I’m aware that national probably means american, but HEY I’m kind of american aren’t I (meh, probably not, but I like to think I am ;) ). My blogging friend Kristi over at Inspiration Kitchen wrote about this lovely day a while ago, and I’m SO ready for joining her.
5. I love the little moroccan table, which I got for christmas. I’ve placed some of my favourite things on it. I know it might look a little messy, but I like non-perfect things.
7. Spotify is seriously brilliant! I’ve found so much new amazing music there. Do you know Nils Frahm? One word: amazing. If you like instrumental music check him out. I cried when I heard For (do not youtube that song. Find it on Spotify. I’m serious. Youtube only has awful remixes).
And now it is time for reading (The Book Thief by Markus Zusak) and shrovetide buns (what is that? – please excuse the terrible photos and language…). I know I have one in the breadbasket – just what I need after a 10 mile run.
I wish you all a great week!